📆 TCG EVENT TCG Spring Cruise | Starved Rock / Galena | Weekend of April 20th (4/20-4/21)

RSVP  Print

Event start date: Saturday 2024-04-20
Event end date: Monday 2024-04-22
Registration ends: Monday 2024-04-22
# Username Guest count
1 Mook Mook 1
2 Teege24 Teege24 1
3 utryd2 utryd2 2
4 SpeedSpeak2me SpeedSpeak2me 1
5 JFish75 JFish75 1
6 KyaLorne KyaLorne 1
7 Thirdgen89GTA Thirdgen89GTA 1
8 V Venan 1
9 Ktj100 Ktj100 2

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Just a suggestion, Blackjack road is one of the best roads out that way. You could probably add it to the route between Handover and Galena. It's rural, scenic, and good amount of curves and elevation changes.

Yup...
It’s a slight divert from your current route, so your call. If we detour, there is the road on the east side of the palisades state park. Usually a lot of slow traffic and very few passing opportunities, but twisty. Have to weigh whether or not it’s worth it. Takes you north to Elizabeth, but you can cut west to Hanover and catch the Blackjack Trail into Galena.

Teege24

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
Aug 14, 2011
Cary
Reactions: Pressure Ratio

Teege24

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
Aug 14, 2011
Cary
I just booked the room for KyaLorne KyaLorne and I, car is back and breaking in the clutch so should be good to go by then.
Excited Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Haha
Reactions: JFish75

Teege24

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
Aug 14, 2011
Cary
EmersonHart13 EmersonHart13 what if I had us eat at bdubs right by the Tesla Superchargers in Peru?

Also another small charger that you could use while we get ice cream right down the road (103 Chicago Ave, Savanna, IL 61074) which you could head straight to after eating in Peru if need be while we stop for an E85 gas Station in Clinton, IA.

Then as far as Galena you could leave your car at City Hall or Culvers overnight to charge and we could help you to and from your car if need be.

Would that help the cause at all to make it around this route?

Reactions: EmersonHart13

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
EmersonHart13 EmersonHart13 what if I had us eat at bdubs right by the Tesla Superchargers in Peru?

Also another small charger that you could use while we get ice cream right down the road (103 Chicago Ave, Savanna, IL 61074) which you could head straight to after eating in Peru if need be while we stop for an E85 gas Station in Clinton, IA.

Then as far as Galena you could leave your car at City Hall or Culvers overnight to charge and we could help you to and from your car if need be.

Would that help the cause at all to make it around this route?
I appreciate the leg work but.... That Tesla station would be the key to making this work, well at least getting to Galena but it isn't available to me. Ford did just get access to Superchargers but only some of the network and that station is not included right now (I'm also waiting on my free adapter). The rest of the route doesn't really have much high speed charging. There are some low speed chargers but unfortunately those wouldn't likely give enough to assure arrival and then I still have the issue of charging in and around Galena (of note there is another supercharger 20 minutes from Galena and also isn't available to me). There are two Tesla Destination Chargers in Galena but one is at a hotel so have to be a guest and the other is at CULVERS! I'd love to do this just to prove it could be done. In a Tesla it 110% is and I wouldn't think twice about it but without that, not gonna make it with the high performance golf cart.

Like I said, I'd just take another car. Still working out if I can swing it anyways. DEEZUZ DEEZUZ

#rangeanxiety:obama:

• Care
Reactions: Teege24

Teege24

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
Aug 14, 2011
Cary
I know you can’t make everybody happy. This is just a busy weekend notoriously for me.
Totally understand! I hope you can join us on the next cruise! If anything changes last minute with your other plans let me know and I'll see if the hotel can squeeze yah in!

Reactions: Angela@KRWINS

Teege24

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
Aug 14, 2011
Cary
I think I'll be making it with my wife. No idea on which vehicle... E85 on route or no? Got like 200 miles of range with my alcohol cars.

If E85 is 100% needed, I have an updated route ready to go with E85 stops! The difficult part is the final stop would be in Clinton, IA for E85...so cruising from there to Galena the next stop for E85 isn't until you start heading East again, somewhere around 150ish miles from that last stop if my estimates are correct! If you can make it that far then you should be golden!

Thread Info